A combined total of 12 awards and distinctions were awarded to the Misamis Oriental-1 Rural Electric Service Cooperative, Inc. in the recently-concluded 2023 NEA – EC Convergence Summit. Six from NEA and six from PHILRECA.
The convergent awarding ceremonies held today, August 11, 2023 at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) is a program of the National Electrification Administration (NEA) that fetes electric cooperatives (ECs) nationwide and its other partners for their service to the Filipinos.
The awards and distinctions that were conferred to MORESCO-1 were the following:
FROM 2023 NEA GOLDEN DAGITAB AWARDS
- SINGLE DIGIT SYSTEM LOSS FOR THE YEAR 2022 – for having attained a Single-Digit System Loss, thereby contributing to the collective commitment of NEA and the ECs to further improve service efficiency and reduce power rates
- RURAL ELECTRIFICATION PROGRAM DISTINCTION TO MORESCO-1 for its unwavering commitment and dedication to promoting the best interest of its –member-consumer-owners in the implementation and success of the Rural Electrification Program.
- SPECIAL CITATION FOR ECS WITH ADVANCE LOAN AMORTIZATION PAYMENT TO MORESCO-1 for its initiative to contribute to the advance amortization equivalent to at least one-quarter remittance in the NEA Lending Program for Calendar Year 2022.
- SPECIAL CITATION FOR ECS WHICH CONDUCTED APPRAISALS OF ASSETS TO MORESCO-1 for conducting appraisals of its assets within the 5-year period (2018-2022) thereby ensuring compliance to NEA requirements under Memorandum to ECs No. 2012-003.
- LOWEST SYSTEM LOSS FOR THE YEAR AWARD (ON GRID) – for achieving the lowest system loss in the pursuit of NEA and EC’s devotion to reduce the national average system loss thereby reducing power rates.
- TOP PERFORMING EC AWARD FOR MORESCO-1 – for attaining “AAA” rating in Year 2022 overall performance assessment having complied with operational standards and parameters.
FROM PHILRECA’S “AWARD FROM THE WIRES 2023”
- BASTION OF EXCELLENCE AWARD – For being an EC with the lowest on-grid systems loss in its operations while in pursuit of total electrification and sustainable rural development notwithstanding all difficulties confronting the rural electrification movement.
- PROMPT PAYOR AWARD – For committing itself to the timely and efficient settlement of its annual dues as a member EC of PHILRECA. It’s determination to settle its financial obligations as a member EC has contributed to PHILRECA’s outstanding collection efficiency.
- SILVER STELLAR AWARD – For attaining a meritorious collection efficiency despite the constraint and restrictions. This achievement was reached with determination, perseverance, and diligence, and resulted to the financial stability and sustainability of the electric cooperative.
- SUPREME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD –For being an on-grid electric cooperative with the lowest systems loss in Mindanao and for ensuring a reliable system in its operations while in pursuit of total electrification and sustainable rural development notwithstanding all difficulties confronting the rural electrification movement.
- IRON PILLAR AWARD – For the active engagement and participation to the training, webinars, and other activities of PHILRECA in the pursuit of Rural Electrification and Development amidst all challenges confronting the rural electrification movement.
- LIMELIGHT AWARD – For being the front runner in the pursuit of total electrification and sustainable rural development notwithstanding all challenges confronting the rural electrification movement. With determination, perseverance, and diligence, the Electric Cooperative was able to attain a high level of energization status in its coverage areas.
The premier electric cooperative in the country, MORESCO-1 extends its gratitude to NEA and PHILRECA for recognizing their efforts to provide better service to its member-consumer-owners (MCO).
Elated with the recognition reaped by the EC, MORESCO-1 General Manager Jovel B. Ubay-ubay said “The cooperative will continue its dedication to serve and work hard in embracing its duty, a commitment of service to its members, consumers and owners.”