With the theme, “Leaving No One Behind: Achieving Social Equitability Through Rural Electrification and Empowerment of Filipino Communities,” the Philippine Association of Board of Directors of Rural Electric Cooperatives (PHABDREC) successfully conducted its annual PHABDREC Convention at Fiesta Pavilion, The Manila Hotel last October 12-13, 2022.
Over 700 Board of Directors from 121 Electric Cooperatives in the country attended the convention. It’s been two years since PHABDREC has been able to hold its face-to-face conference.
No less than the Vice President of the Philippines Sara Duterte gave an inspiring message during the convention; The conveners thanked the Rural Electrification Movement advocates, and the Energy Regulatory Commission and National Electrification Administration for their support of the organization’s advocacy of total rural electrification.
Our warmest Congratulations to Engr. Joar Dy for being elected as one of the PHABDREC Mindanao Chapter officers.
Other Director-attendees from MORESCO-1 are as follows:
- Dr. Nonito M. Labis, DVM, BOD President (Laguindingan District)
- Engr. Joar J. Dy, BOD Vice President (Alubijid District)
- Dir. Edwin M. Igloria, BOD Treasurer (El Salvador District)
- Dir. Albert Benedict F. Bacus (Opol District)
- Dir. Susan M. Baculio (Gitagum District)
- Dir. Edgar G. Buhian (Initao District)
- Dir. Dave Ryan T. Perez (Lugait District)
- Dir. Joy Gil S. Mahinay (Naawan District)
- Dir. Bryan Lucky Z. Noble (Talakag District)
- Dir. Bernard R. Benavidez (Manticao District)
- Dir. Allan M. Sofocado (Libertad District)
- GM Jovel B. Ubay-ubay (BOD Ex-Oficio Member)
We’re beyond grateful to all our BODs for attending this year’s convention.