We are Hiring!
UTILITY ECONOMIC OFFICER (PROJECT-BASED)
Deadline of Submission: FEBRUARY 10, 2024
Join the MORESCO-1 Team. Create your future here and make a difference.
HIGH SALARY and Good Benefit Package
Free Shuttle Service and Good Quality Work Life
Great Training Platform and Opportunities
- Provide the Cooperative with a study on the adequate revenue requirement for the Cooperative’s financial viability by engaging added services and other revenue, and marketing activities during the IMEM, WESM, open access, and Retail Electricity Supply.
- Develops retail electric rates to meet utilities revenue requirements, and prepares utility rate analyses, forecasts, and technical cost of service studies for review by the Management.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts complex and specialized rate design studies including cost-of-service, rate of return on investment, and tariff structure equity.
- Develops and recommends proposed rate changes to the Manager to endure a favorable financial position for electric rates; assists in the preparation of written technical reports on rate changes of electricity upon approval by ERC, implements rate and regulation changes.
- Ensures that rate design policies are consistent with sound business, financial, and economic principles and follow ERC orders
- Provide technical rate-making assistance to the Energy Trading Supervisor
- Conduct study to ensure true cost recovery
- Assists in the preparation of the utility’s annual budget, develops sales and revenue forecasts on electricity
- Assists in planning and conducting cost-effective studies of innovative rate design such as time-of-use rates, and wheeling rates.
- Assists in the preparation of data and testimony for the presentation of important issues as well as rate changes to the ERC
- Monitors rate and regulatory rulings of regulatory agencies, and informs the Management on trends in “changes in the art of remaking” and legislation that affects operations
- Participates and works with other government agencies and EC’s or organizations on technical studies to achieve goals of mutual benefit and need
- Participates in developing and administering rate contracts with customers as needed.
- Develop rates on another revenue requirement.
- Prepares rate analyses, forecasts and technical cost of service traded during the IMEM, WESM, or open access.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of Statistics, Economics, or any Business related course
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Preferably with a background on the electric power industry and knowledge of policies and regulations applicable to ECs and the industry
- Resident within the franchise area
- Ability to work independently on diverse projects
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essentials of the job
- Must be proficient in written and oral communication skills and adept in business correspondence
- Good interpersonal skills and team-player
- Shares the vision and mission of the cooperative, and demonstrates behavior consistent with the cooperatives core values
For interested applicants:
Please send your application letter, Resume, and Transcript of Records to
THE HR Manager, Moresco-1 Headquarters, Laguindingan, Misamis Oriental or email thru
Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
Deadline of Submission on February 10, 2024
JOVEL B. UBAY-UBAY, PEE
Acting General Manager